$0.00 – $1,000.00
Proofreading essentially focuses on the final draft of the author’s book/document. At this point, the author should have already had a professional copy editor and/or a developmental editor read through their manuscript. Proofreading is the last stage of editing before an author considers either self- or traditional publication. This editing process, therefore, catches all the errors which were left behind by all other editors. It’s a safe guard, if anything else, to ensure that you make a good first impression with your readers.
All books/documents remain confidential. These will neither be shared nor shared without the author’s permission. This package also does not do a thorough developmental edit; please order the developmental editing package.
This package is suitable for the following documents:
- All genres of fiction/non-fiction, short stories and chapbooks. This further includes novellas and novelettes.
- Books for children and YA.
- Blog posts. (Include multiple blog posts in one document for easy editing.)
- Newspaper/magazine articles.
- Business documents (cover letters, press releases, speeches, etc.).
- Scripts for YouTube.
- Academic and non-academic essays (Please let me know which citation you’re using when you order.)
- Reviews: books, products, movies, etc.
- Content intended to be published via social media.
- One free revision.
- Evaluation of passive and active voice within the document.
- Editing sentence structure in regard to run-on sentences, fragments, lengthy sentences or sentences which include incorrect punctuation.
- Rewriting sentences/paragraphs to tighten the language, eliminate wordiness and reduce redundant information.
- Assuring that correct verb forms are used with singular or plural nouns.
- Checking the document for dangling and misplaced modifiers, while then offering suggestive track changes in how to fix these.
- Evaluating word choices and checking that these are used correctly.
- Determining if the author is consistent with specific word usage, punctuation and vocabulary. For instance, some authors prefer Americanized words over words which are more common in Europe and/or Australia.
- Checking the document against an appropriate style guide for the type of document. I used The Chicago Manual of Style for non-fiction, business and academic documents while I use The Associated Press Stylebook for newsworthy and journalistic types of documents. Please let me know if you prefer me using another style guide.
- Determining if the paragraphs are written in a logical order which enhances readability of the book/document.
- Edit titles, headlines, illustrations, and/or additional graphics per request of the author.
- Edit the table of contents, glossary, indexes, appendixes, etc. per the request of the author.
- Checking transitions and ensuring they are used effectively throughout the document. I will suggest variations via track changes if a transition is used too frequently.
- Fact check any information which seems unclear within the document.
|Word Count||Delivery Speed||Price||Delivery Time|
|1 - 1,000||Regular|
|1,001 - 2,500||Regular|
|2,501 - 5,000||Regular|
|5,001 - 10,000||Regular|
|10,001 - 15,000||Regular|
|15,001 - 25,000||Regular|
|25,001 - 50,000||Regular|
|50,001 - 75,000||Regular|
|75,001 - 100,000||Regular||$750||21 days|
|100,001 - 150,000||Regular||$1,000||30 days|
**Please contact me if you have documents/books larger than 150,000 words. All documents should be sent in either .doc or .docx format. I use Microsoft track changes.
**Please be aware this package does not include manuscript formatting.
Note: Delivery time includes the time of which I start work on your document. All holidays, nights and weekends are excluded from delivery time. Please contact me prior to ordering. One week is equivalent to five business days (Mon-Fri). I am in the Central Time Zone of the United States.