Line editing focuses on the author’s book/document as a whole document. This style of editing focuses on the author’s voice, his or her writing style, and well as their style of writing. These editors are detail-oriented and precise in their editing process because they have the ability to see the “bigger picture” of the author’s book/document. Line editing is less of a copy edit and more of a developmental edit.
This type of editor evaluates the book for its intended purpose in regard to readability and consistency of the language. All books/documents remain confidential. These will neither be shared nor shared without the author’s permission. This editing package does not check for grammar or punctuation; please order the copy editing package. This package also does not do a thorough developmental edit; please order the developmental editing package.
This package is suitable for the following documents:
- All genres of fiction/non-fiction, short stories and chapbooks. This further includes novellas and novelettes.
- Books for children and YA.
- Blog posts. (Include multiple blog posts in one document for easy editing.)
- Newspaper/magazine articles.
- Business documents (cover letters, press releases, speeches, etc.).
- Scripts for YouTube.
- Academic and non-academic essays (Please let me know which citation you’re using when you order.)
- Reviews: books, products, movies, etc.
- Content intended to be published via social media.
- One free revision.
Line editing includes:
- Rewriting confusing sentences/paragraphs to clarify their meaning better for the reader.
- Removing any clichés or jargon from the book/document.
- Reducing wordiness and repetition in the document, thereby tightening the language and making it more concise.
- Evaluation of sentence structure in regard to fragments, run-on sentences, overused transitions and lengthy sentences.
- Dialogue which lacks dialogue tags or has too many dialogue tags present.
- Correction of passive voice to active voice.
- Assessment of word choice and whether the word used is incorrect. For instance, using the wrong version of to/too/two.
- Assisting the author in maintaining and developing a strong author voice.
|Word Count||Delivery Speed||Price||Delivery Time|
|1 - 1,000||Regular|
|1,001 - 2,500||Regular|
|2,501 - 5,000||Regular|
|5,001 - 10,000||Regular|
|10,001 - 15,000||Regular|
|15,001 - 25,000||Regular|
|25,001 - 50,000||Regular|
|50,001 - 75,000||Regular|
|75,001 - 100,000||Regular||$750||21 days|
|100,001 - 150,000||Regular||$1,000||30 days|
**Please contact me if you have documents/books larger than 150,000 words. All documents should be sent in either .doc or .docx format. I use Microsoft track changes.
**Please be aware this package does not include manuscript formatting.
Note: Delivery time includes the time of which I start work on your document. All holidays, nights and weekends are excluded from delivery time. Please contact me prior to ordering. One week is equivalent to five business days (Mon-Fri). I am in the Central Time Zone of the United States.