$0.00 – $1,000.00
Line editors differentiate themselves from developmental editors. Whereas developmental editors look at the big picture of your story, line editors look specifically at grammar, punctuation and syntax. I am a professional line editor who got my start with a career in journalism. I have worked as a news reporter, while having the opportunity to also work as a copy editor and news editor. All this has prepared me to branch out on my own as a line editor.
The line-by-line editing process is intended for writers of any writing level. This thorough and accurate type of editing clears your document of all grammatical and punctuation errors. Each document is proofread slowly and tediously as I check for the smallest of errors (such as missing commas or the wrong usage of they’re/their/there). Then, I send the document back to the author. A free revision is available if further changes are requested. Contact me if you need a revision.
This proofreading package can be used for all fiction genres, all non-fiction genres, poetry, plays and screenplays. I do not edit academic essays; however, all other types of essays are eligible for this proofreading package. On that note, I am open to editing all other forms of creative writing (such as: monologues, speeches, an article for blogs/websites or publication, or freestyle writing). Send your document in a Microsoft Word DOC or DOCX file. I can edit PDF files and Google Doc files in Google Docs; although, I can only provide a track-change version within Google Docs.
I have experience editing and proofreading the following:
- Journalistic news stories for newspapers and newsletters
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- Content for magazines and blogs/websites
- Training manuals and business reports
- Non-academic essays
- YouTube scripts
Here’s what you can expect me to fix within your document. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Grammar: Irregular plurals of nouns and verbs; subject/verb agreement; verb tenses; adjectives and adverbs; modifiers; direct objects and indirect objects; pronoun agreement.
- Punctuation: Comma splices and thereby the correct usage of commas; acronyms and abbreviations; accurate usage colons, semi-colons, periods, question marks, exclamation points, hyphens, dashes and ellipses; correct usage of quotations, brackets/parenthesis; writing numbers; capitalization concerns.
- Word choice: Differentiation of spellings in relation to US/UK; homonyms; vague or unclear words; technical words specific to an industry or niche.
- Writing: Fragments; run-on sentences; active vs. passive voice; figurative language; double negatives; clichés and jargon; paragraph organization; essential and nonessential clauses.
|Word Count||Delivery Speed||Price||Delivery Time|
|1 - 1,000||Regular|
|1,001 - 5,000||Regular|
|5,001 - 10,000||Regular|
|10,001 - 25,000||Regular|
|25,001 - 50,000||Regular|
|50,001 - 75,000||Regular||$500||21 days|
|75,001 - 100,000||Regular||$750||28 days|
|100,001 - 150,000||Regular||$1,000||35 days|
Note: Delivery time includes the time of which I start work on your document. All holidays, nights and weekends are excluded from delivery time. Please contact me prior to ordering. One week is equivalent to five business days (Mon-Fri). I am in the Central Time Zone of the United States.