Copy editing is the final edit before publication. Therefore, it should be completed after all other edits have taken place. This should include (at the very least) a developmental editor and a line editor. This package is for a comprehensive edit of your manuscript. I will give you book a thorough and detailed editing, tightening up its language as I remove all the wordiness. Moreover, I will edit on a deeper level to strengthen your story. All books/documents remain confidential. These will neither be shared nor shared without the author’s permission.
This package is suitable for the following documents:
- All genres of fiction/non-fiction, short stories and chapbooks. This further includes novellas and novelettes.
- Books for children and YA.
- Blog posts. (Include multiple blog posts in one document for easy editing.)
- Newspaper/magazine articles.
- Business documents (cover letters, press releases, speeches, etc.).
- Scripts for YouTube.
- Academic and non-academic essays (Please let me know which citation you’re using when you order.)
- Reviews: books, products, movies, etc.
- Content intended to be published via social media.
- One free revision.
Copy editing includes:
- Checks for proper grammar, punctuation, spelling usage and syntax.
- Checks for consistencies in regard to spelling, capitalization, numerals and hyphenation. Spellings which adhere to American, British, Australian or Canadian words/phrases will be considered here.
- Corrects sentence structure and clarity of sentences. This may include suggestive rewrites left in track changes. I will rewrite them at the author’s request.
- Ensures the content is in accordance with The Associated Press Stylebook or The Chicago Manual of Style. Please let me know if you prefer another stylebook.
- Checks facts and information consistent to the novel/document. I will bring all questions to you (the author) before making any major changes.
- Editing of all titles and subtitles, captions and illustrations for correct usage of grammar and punctuation.
- Checks content for readability and clarity of information. This may include paragraph reorganization (at the author’s request).
- Improvement on all headlines, leads and chapter leads of each book/document.
- Checks consistencies (and inconsistencies) within the story. This applies to characterization, conflict/act, plot, setting, dialogue, POV, world building, etc.
- Clarify all abbreviations, acronyms and/or jargon within the document.
- Edits indexes, glossaries, appendixes, etc. per request of the author.
|Word Count||Delivery Speed||Price||Delivery Time|
|1 - 1,000||Regular|
|1,001 - 2,500||Regular|
|2,501 - 5,000||Regular|
|5,001 - 10,000||Regular|
|10,001 - 15,000||Regular|
|15,001 - 25,000||Regular|
|25,001 - 50,000||Regular|
|50,001 - 75,000||Regular|
|75,001 - 100,000||Regular||$750||21 days|
|100,001 - 150,000||Regular||$1,000||30 days|
**Please contact me if you have documents/books larger than 150,000 words. All documents should be sent in either .doc or .docx format. I use Microsoft track changes.
**Please be aware this package does not include manuscript formatting.
Note: Delivery time includes the time of which I start work on your document. All holidays, nights and weekends are excluded from delivery time. Please contact me prior to ordering. One week is equivalent to five business days (Mon-Fri). I am in the Central Time Zone of the United States.